Being able to love you

Being able to love you,
has been an experience. To be able to call you mine, to hug you, to love you, to kiss you. You make me feel like one of those cheesy sayings, I think I really do feel a spark down my spine when you place your hand on my skin. My stomach seems to do back flips whenever I catch you looking at me.
Being able to love you,
had made me who I am today.
Now, it seems as though you are floating away. I want to pull he string so you come back, I'm afraid you'll pull harder and won't come back. You have my heart, I trust you to take care of it. You have done your job. Now if you feel we are over, just let me go. Gently. Life has made me so fragile I'm to scared to go down again. Knowing you are happy, will lift me up.
Being able to love you.
Has changed the way I think about the world we live in today. Thank you for the things we shared and the times we spent just talking for hours on the phone. I will miss you, but you left behind the memories that you have given me and I thank you for that very much.
Be free, I will let you

Kpalo14 SILVER said...
on Oct. 24 2011 at 7:07 pm
Kpalo14 SILVER, Wilson, Michigan

You don't know what you have until you've lost it. So treasure everything you do have and never let it go

Very good poem. Emotional, and nicely written.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!