Untitled.

What are we doing, this isn't love. Fighting and screaming, the sounds of birds chirping every morning as we awake to a new day of he**. The same day replays over and over in my mind. You know I can't live without you. We can make it out alive, we can get stronger. Preserve the innocence, preserve the love. The only thing keeping us alive is each other and our memories. Shattered dreams and burning scars are all that I have left as proof that we were once living. I'll still remember you though, everything we've been through. This is my cry of despair out to you. Please save me, because I can no longer save myself. The other half of my heart was never fully embedded in my skin. Tell me what I should do to try to get over you. Moving on isn't an option when all you ever do is compare what you have to what you once had.

Perfection.

RebeccaJoy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This really good. I love it. Ironically enough we have the same first name, and I wrote a poem last year that i titled "untitled" and it had the same meaing behind it.