My Fate

The moon’s light fell over my pale skin,
Making me appear translucent.
Almost like a ghost.
Was I dead?
Turning slowly, I began to take in my surroundings.
Where am I?
A light. So very bright, just ahead of me.
See it?
I start forward and realize that my feet no longer touch the ground.
What’s happening?
I pause. Trying to remember,
The last thing on my mind, the final memory.
Guns blaring. Soldiers screaming.
Acknowledging death,
I shake my head back and forth,
I start forwards once more.
Once more I walk towards the light.
I know my fate now. I surrender to my enemy.

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23 at 4:44 pm:
This is very well written! Loved reading it!

The_Quiet_GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:52 am:
This is so sad, and I got goosebumps while reading it. This poem is incredible; it should be published!! :)

GwenndyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 4 at 2:09 pm :
Thank you very much!

The_Quiet_GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 4 at 6:53 pm :
You're welcome. :) Keep writing! :)

SuNshiNe007This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! This is Very Good!:) Keep up the good work! Even though it be sad it is amazing. I don't see anything that needs to be fixed. Good Luck!:)