lost? | Teen Ink

lost?

By deathonapedestal101 GOLD, Owego, New York
deathonapedestal101 GOLD, Owego, New York

If thou lovest me then,
Steal forth thy father's house tomorrow night;
And in the wood, a league without the town,
Where I did meet thee once with Helena,
To do observance to a morn of May,
There will I stay for thee.

Why do people get lost?
Is it because they lose their sight? Not really.
Is it because the light that was burning for them went out? Not typically.
Is it becasue they lose all inspiration to achieve their dreams and goals? Sometimes, but not all the time.
People have the power to overcome their disabilities when they want something bad enough, supply their own light when life gets dark, and supply their own inspiration when everyone else bails.
In most cases people get lost because they don't have the right people to train, help, and guide them to the path that leads them to a successful life, or the people who were guiding them died and they can't figure out a reason why they should keep going... This happened to me; and I can only say one thing to try to help... Just because one person dies, doesn't mean life is over for everone who was close to them. keep doing what they were helping you with, remember their advice and put it to good use. If you give up on what they were helping you with, you're basically throwing away the only real connection you have left to your lost loved one... My advice: Don't get lost, because it becomes to hard to remember even the tiny peice of the past that people fight so hard everyday to remember.

My Grandfather died two years ago, and with the recent flooding I lost all of my personal possessions.. his house that was right across the street, I used to look out at it in the middle of the night and try to remember what it would look like with him still in it... That house had over 6 feet of water in the house. This house was also damaged by the June 2006 flood, needless to say, they are demolishing the house along with most of my memories of him... I wanted to give up but instead i wrote this... I hope it helps.