To Tell You The Truth... | Teen Ink

To Tell You The Truth...

October 2, 2011
By Anonymous

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss you.
I'd be lying if I said you were rarely on my mind.
I'd be lying if I told you you didn't matter anymore.
I'd be lying if I haven't searched how long a drive it is from here to there.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't ever think about visiting you.
I'd be lying if I said our conversations didn't keep me up at night or distract me during the day.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of her on your arm.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't panic when your "relationship status" went missing.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to video chat.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't spend the whole day online just to talk to you.
I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me that you talked to other girls.
I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about you many times in the last year.
I'd be lying if I said I want anything more in the world than be wrapped in your embracing arms.
I'd be lying if I said you were right that I didn't want that kiss from you during the only time I had the chance.
I'd be lying if I told you I hated you.

The truth is, I think I love you.


The author's comments:
Quit the mind games you play. Quit the ignoring because you know that's why it ended the first time. Quit the contradiction. Quit the lies. quit the flirting. Its not a good look for you.