the grace of rain | Teen Ink

the grace of rain

By StandStillLookPretty BRONZE, Indianola, Iowa
StandStillLookPretty BRONZE, Indianola, Iowa

"Expression is like breathing, without it we would suffocate" -D. Elliot <3

Familiar faces pass by her without a second glance at the quiet girl, many say she's pretty she's just so shy, but they never stopped to wonderwhat made her that way. People whisper, and people talk about her as she walks she tries not to care, but the feelings are always there. She didn't do it, she is just so weak, she was in love and he was in lust. But they don't care, she's just another girl to them. Maybe that was her fatal flaw? Or letting herself need him, and want him. She hates herself for falling into the deep brown eyes, that covered his mercilous lies. The tears are slowly falling down her porcelain cheeks. The boy with the bright blue eyes and childish wit caught her tears and told him that with every tear that falls, the closer she is to never crying again. She slowly grew a smile upon her face with her hands in his, and the cruel words just seemed to fade. The clock struck midnight, and she put on her best dress as he rolled up in that beat up old chevy truck and they danced. They had the world for just one night and it gave her the love that would make everything alright.

on Jan. 17 2012 at 11:12 am

awh!! thanks, that means a lot! :)

TheHangingGirl BRONZE, Winter Haven, Florida
1 article 1 photo 250 comments

"Poets utter great and wise things that they themselves can not comprehend."

I haven't read something THIS AWESOME in a long time, perhaps since i've first scanned this website. Great job, and i believe this should be in the magazine :)

1 article 1 photo 250 comments