How can you be...? | Teen Ink

How can you be...?

It was around twelve thirty at night on the second day of September, when you answered me: “yes you are sure of your final decision and everything is over” and I could not really believe that you were sure about what you said. Now two hours have already gone by and I’m still up in the middle of the night while you are dreaming of your new life without me in it. How can you be so cruel...? I feel like crying like in the old days when I was crying in your ears but I can’t because you are not there anymore. Will I cry later on? I don’t know. Will it be on my pillow or in the arms of someone else or maybe you again…? No answer...

I don’t know if you were my all but I knew that I needed you and I do still.

We were so unexpected that it felt like a beautiful dream that would never end. Now it became a nightmare and even a “daymare”,if I can say, because days and nights are somber, full of fears and sorrow. Sometimes I thought of you and I being apart; it was so heartbroken that I would turned my mind away. Now you made that bad thought real and I can’t turn my mind away and I can’t run away from it. You broke my heart; yes you did, whether in tiny or large pieces I don’t know.

I know you love me and I know you did that to make peace. But how can you be so sure that is how I wanted things to calm down a bit…?

It's hard to accept to lose someone that you love and cherish at a moment that you did not expect to lose him/her.