Dreams ? Reality

She spends all day dreaming
About running through a field of flowers, but she never goes outside.
About being kissed, but her throat closes up and she can’t even speak around guys.
About being rebellious, but when the time comes, she does as she is told.
About leaving home, but she hasn’t even picked out a college yet.
About being free, but she hides in her room.
She spends all day dreaming about changing into the person she dreams of, but every day she stays the same.

creativegirl said...
i really enjoy reading this poem. everything about is true.

SunkistKisser said...
Wonderful! I really enjoyed this poem. It's sad in a nice way and you take away something from it. Keep writing!

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Hmmmmm, I can really relate to this. It's so sad. But I believe that the dreaming will slowly change into reality, I am reading Mr. Henderson The Rain King, after all.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

The poem itself really lived up to the brutal finality of the title. "Dreams?" says the idealist hopefully. "Is there anything to them?" Says the cynic, "no, they make you immobile." Something about this poem coaxed a great deal of thought from the recesses of my deeper mind, so I must thank you for that. You've really touched on something quite significant here.

I disagree. We are always moving with our dreams, even if we are not moving today. There will come a day when sh... (more »)

thenewcomer said...
That's all a dream is - just a dream.

Blue4 said...
Aug. 22, 2011 at 11:20 am

Wonderful poem, this really speaks to me. Truly beautiful work.

Could you please read some of my work, rate, and tell me what you think?

Anonymous01 said...
this is truley amazing, i cant even think of what else to say. its just that brilliant. keep writing :)

savetheplanet replied...
These are like my dreams...