Goodbye

A goodbye holds a promise
Some closure to the past
Whether it be a promise to return
Or to not

A goodbye means the end
But not always forever
It takes courage to say
And strength to hear

You had no courage
You said no goodbye
No warning
No promise
No closure
No reasons
Leaving me confused
Struggling
Alone

So long I have been searching
Reaching out to you
Because all I needed to hear was
Goodbye

A goodbye says I care
Enough to give you some peace of mind
But clearly you didn't care
Or you would have told me goodbye

No promise of return
No promise to stay away
One moment there
The next you were gone

But it's been too long
Since I've heard your voice
Now I know you don't care
Or you would have at least said
Goodbye

A goodbye holds a promise
to return or to not
But I don't want you back
So dad this is goodbye

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
well i must first say is that i do love a twist at the end. so good job! the words need to be a little more flowy in my perspective, but it was a good piece. oh! and one thing i do advice is to always have a good title!! because think about it your title is what makes people interested to read your piece. but good job really! :)

Basketball23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:36 am:
Wow this is an AMAZINGGG!!!! poem!!!  At first - to me, anyway - it kinda seems like a guy breaking up with a girl or just leaving her without saying goodbye, but then you really surprised me by saying goodbye to your dad!  That was a great twist and I absolutely looovvveeeddd thisss!!!!! <3

Lola_BlackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Have you ever read something that just leaves you sitting there breathless because it's just so good? Well, I just did. Great work! (and if you don't mind, could you please check out some of my work?)

Sophie Rose C. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this kind of poem - the words were.. sort of waitung inside me ( in a different form) and so to see this  written here, and me reading it by chance, well, I'm not sure if you'll get it, but let me just say that I really love your poem - it was very touching.

kaykaybeck said...
I absolutely loved it (: it was just amazing :D

RemorsefulPrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is a really amazing poem and it is so well written, it touched me sooo much it almsot made me cry because of its deepness keep up the seriously amazing work !! :)