The snow angel | Teen Ink

The snow angel

By crazychick SILVER, Norwich, Connecticut
crazychick SILVER, Norwich, Connecticut

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted

As I drifted into the woodland clearing the trees seemed to pause and look at the girl that was barefooted and knee deep in snow. All was still, Everything seemed so distant in the woods as if you were on another planet. I looked up into the sky, The everlasting darkness splattered with twinkling stars interrupted by a milky white moon. It all enchanted me, how I wanted to join them, Oh how I wanted to live among the stars radiating with fairness, then they would listen to me, they would see the wounds made up and down my arms by the grievance knife that beckons me every single day, they would listen to my cry for help when the piercing blade met my skin, they would hold me when I grieved for the empty alone feeling that haunted me, I know they would listen. I wondered aimlessly not really knowing where I was to go, What I was to do. Finally I came out to a cliff overlooking the entire snow covered town it was all so beautiful not a single light was on but the moonlight flooded down making it glow. I began to sob because I now knew what I was to do, why I was standing on the edge of a cliff 11:55 at night. 12:00 midnight struck and I closed my tear streaked eyes. "Merry Christmas." I whispered to no one in particular and flung my limp body forward taking my last breath of the cold, tart, December air.