Someone

I am finally alone
Left to my thoughts
Thinking of my torn home
All my opportunities and shots

I realize something
I’m not alone
I will always have this one thing
And it’s been you all along

I’m not sure about a lot of things
But I am about one
Me without you is a fly without wings
And as lonely as I feel, I will always have someone.

xsassysydx said...
i love this, it reminds me that i will always have somebody

NaleDawgThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm :
Thanks, thats the point ;)

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 7:12 pm:
i really like this, it reminds me of the stuff i write! its really sweet and moving, good job! :)

Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:48 pm :
Thanks :) I appreciate the feedback

LonleydandyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:46 pm:

Fantastic, I really love the message that you are sending: that no matter how bad it gets, there will always be somebody there to help you out. Love it love it love it.

I have read some of your other work as well and love how flawlessly your rhymes come together. Rhyming used to bother me in the past when I wrote more poetry than stories, so I understand the difficulty of it.

Anway, love it love it love it!!

Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:07 pm :
Thank you! I'm so happy that you got the message. I also appreciate that you noticed the rhyme, which I was a little apprehensive of using. Anyway, thanks for checking out my work, I really do appreciate it.

LonleydandyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:48 pm :
You're so welcome! You're a great writer, and I'll always have time for people like  you! Rhyme is always something that I LOVE LOVE LOVE because I feel that it makes it flow better...now, not everyone will agree with me on this, but yeah. Rhymes are NOT easy, and you really pulled it off!

Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:14 pm :

Thanks, i appreciate that. I'm glad you realize the difficulty as well.