Memoirs of my life | Teen Ink

Memoirs of my life

By tommy halsey SILVER, Park City, Utah
tommy halsey SILVER, Park City, Utah

Scary stuff

I was 7 years old, it was only three days till halloween and I was terrified. I was worried some evil dark devil person was going to snatch me and eat me, but I was really just scared of one thing, clowns. I didn’t understand how everyone thought that they are so happy and funny, because when I see one I almost pee my pants.

Halloween was here and I was shacking with fear, thinking some person was going to dress up as a clown and scare me senseless. The door rung, I opened it expecting my friend Zack but instead, It was a scary clown with blood dripping down is face. I shut the door and screamed all the way up to my room, and hide under the bed.

“Hey, its me, Zack, open the door you wussy”
I opened the door and hit him for scaring me. “Never do that again” I said. I walked out the door and headed down my street to find some sweet, sweet, candy. We walked up the street a little and came to this terrifying house, we walked closer, closer, closer. I walked up to the door and knocked, the door opened and out came this scary, creepy clown screaming. I was so startled that I peed my pants. I ran back to my house and forgot halloween that night, playing it safe I stayed at my house and watched Finding Nemo.

The Devils lies

My parents always told me to never lie, and I respected and honored that. but this isn’t about how i told the truth instead of lying, this is about me lying instead of telling the truth.

It was the beginning of 7th grade around november. In writing my class had been reading the book The Messanger. I had to do a book report on it once I was done. Everyday I thought about doing but I never actually did, I kept on putting it off. Days when by and I didn’t Do anything, I didn’t even write a word. Finally the morning came of the day I had to turn the paper in and I had nothing! I had to think fast so I went on line and searched a book report on the book. I found a report that someone else wrote and I copied and pasted it to a pages document. I changed a few words around and wrote my name at the top. The bus came and I hopped on. When I got to school I went to my teacher desk and turned it in. I walked away like there was no problem. When I got home my parents were waiting for me at the door. They said that they got an email from my teacher that I had plagiarized the paper. They were so mad they grounded from going back east to go to my best friends birthday.

I learned that it is always better to tell the truth then lie, because when you lie bad things will happen.

The Deepest scar

I never thought that just driving home from Baseball practice at age 9 could be so thrilling but painful. Just my mom, my brother charlie, and I were in the car driving home from another thrilling day at baseball practice. Charlie and I were searching around the car looking for something to play with, something that would amuse us for the 20 minute drive home. Then charlie found the toy that would scar me forever, a car cigarette lighter. Charlie took it and put it to my arm, nothing happened. He tried again and nothing happened. He finally figured out that he had to put it in the cigarette
socket and pushed it down for about 20 seconds. He took it out and put it on my bare skin, it burnt to the bone like my skin was paper. I started to scream really loud, my mom look back at me in shock. She stopped the car and opened her door and ran to my side of the car, she opened the door and pulled me out with an astonished look on her face. Charlie then through the lighter on the floor. My mom rushed me into the closest store and asked for some ice. She gave me the ice and she rushed me back to the hospital. The doctors said it was a 3rd degree burn and I would always have a scar form it.That day I received a mark that i would have for the rest of my life.

Holiday not to forget

Like everyone, I love Christmas, I love it so much. Christmas was always a fun and joyful holiday for me especially two years ago. I wasn’t sure if santa was real or not, i was pondering about that for the whole Christmas break. Leading up to Christmas 9i couldn’t figure it out, well I just forgot about it.

On Christmas Eve I woke up in the middle of the night, I couldn’t go back to sleep because I was thinking about the next day, and all of the presents. I couldn’t help my self, I walked right out my door on to the overhang of my house and looked down at the glowing Christmas tree. And then i saw it, Elves, Little, tiny elves! I couldn’t believe it, it was truly outstanding. I watched for a couple of minutes watching, Staring at them. Then I heard footsteps creeping up the stairs, the elves knew I was watching them. I hide, the elf walked right by me and started to go to the end of the house. Then it’s arm reached for the lights, the lights flashed on and there standing there was, my mom! I charged back n my room and went back to sleep wondering once more about the questions of santa.

Skiing For Fun
“The Final Countdown” By Europe

When I was in fifth grade My Cousins and I went up to Solitude for Fun. It was snowing four inches every hour and I couldn’t wait to ski. It was a long drive and it took almost an hour to get there but we were in no rush because we all knew there was going to enough powder for everyone. When we finally got there it was insane. There was snow everywhere and every minute it was snowing a little bit harder. When got on our stuff and headed to the slopes. We hopped on the chair lift and road up to the top of the mountain. when we got off the lift I looked like a snowman, it was ridicules.

We skied for the whole day and it was on of the best days of my life. I had fun with my cousins and there was great snow. We skied so late that the ski patrol had to kick us off the mountain because it was getting dark. After skiing we went to hooters and It was really fun for me. THat day will always be remembered by me.

Slumber of dreams
“Electric Feel” By MGMT

It all started like as if it was a normal day during the week, I woke up, got in the shower, got dressed, went down stairs and left for school. I started walking and I noticed something weird, the streets were covered in snow to the point you couldn’t drive on them. I looked around and started to climb the snow, it was like cliffs of Ice, slipping every moment, looking down into deaths eyes. step after step I climbed for what seemed like hours, and thenI reached the top I looked over the edge, It was about a 100 foot drop to powder. I started walking on top of the snow, sinking little by little every step. All of a sudden the snow caved in and I fell 100 feet to powder, covered in snow I stood up and looked around. I was in a cave made of snow and ice, I kept on slipping on the ice over and over again. Then I saw a whole of light I walked throw it and saw my school, I started running then sprinting then stopped there was no school, just my mind playing tricks...... Then my alarm went off, I woke up and it was time to really go to school.

“ I learned that don’t try to get something because you might not get”

Mom, is that you?
“Going on” By Gnarls Barkley

I was just 8 years old and my Family and I were going to the bahamas for a little vacation. We were in the airport for at least an hour just checking in and what not. Once we finally got through the checking line we went to security check, and there was another line! I started to get bored so i looked around and stared at all these people that were waiting with us, there must of been a billion. I told my dad that i needed to go to the bathroom but he said we had to wait, so i went by my self. It was a long walk I felt like a person walking around giants everyone was so much bigger then me. I finally got to the bathroom, i got in and out as fast as I could so i could get back to my parents. I started walking back to the security check, and saw my mom. I ran to my mom and hugged her as tight as I could. My mom looked back at me, It was not my mother, it wasn’t even a women, it was a man! “What the F***, what are you doing” he said.
everyone looked at me with. I hustled away with all my force, and saw my real mom and hugged her as tight as i could.