A Response

I told myself I’d write a poem
the right way
so that everyone could understand it,
including myself.
No more theories,
abstractions,
or questions of existence.
Just something enjoyable,
Amusing.
Because isn’t that what we’re here for?
To have fun.
I’m having fun
believe me,
I am.
Truly.
Sort of.

Wildflower30 said...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 2:43 am
Aced it, dude!

DeusExMachina replied...
Haha thanks man!

FrenchHippie said...
I know exactly how you feel! sometimes its just so much more fun to write abstract stuff and question life and make a mockery of things! I love all your stuff though, keep up the good work. :)

DeusExMachina replied...
Haha thank you very much! Glad you've had the same thoughts!

ohheyyyelli said...

So true/relatable.

You know, there are quite a few poems that have been published that I don't like at all, and so many that I love and are barely recognized.
Writing can be frustrating. And in the end, you need to write as yourself, for yourself.(: great work

silver_ice said...
this is great! this is the kind of poem tht makes me smile... honesty is the core of poetry so even though this work is simple i love it!! :)

consumedbygrace247 said...
I can relate to writing out of frustration. Some of my best poems come out of frustration. Also, I find that when I try certain styles or types of poems they always turn into me and my style because after all,whatever I write is me. So, this is you, and I loved it. Differently different and spectacular.

DeusExMachina replied...
Haha wow, thank you so much! And yes, regarding frustration, thats MORE than true haha I just wrote what I think is one of my best pieces ever purely out of frustratiion. Thanks for your time and comment!

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like this poem a lot, its just your thoughts kinda put out there, and the rythm was good too. and i also agree, i like the end with the "sort of". keep up the good work! 5/5

DeusExMachina replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:18 am
Thank you, and the inspiration came mostly out of frustration so I just, wrote down what I was thinking haha

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

' Sort Of.'

I love twist like that because i say that stuff all the time. My parents will be like," You okay?" and I'd say," Yes im a happy girl with amazing parents straight As a good school a lot of friends." and then when the walk out of the room Id say," If only."

DeusExMachina replied...
Thanks, Im gald you relate to it!

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
haha. I know. I always wind up writing poems with weird personifications or descriptions that are of course really very easy for me to understand, but not as easy to others. I read ALL of these poems about relationships and/or dark thoughts, and everyone loves them! I wish i could write something like that, but i always wind up writing MY style. But don't worry! That's a good thing. IT"S YOU! I really liked this poem a lot! `"" thumbs up, up, up! :)

DeusExMachina replied...
haha glad someone feels the same way! thanks!

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Good job! I really like this poem! 5 out of 5 stars! Keep it up! :)