Chasing | Teen Ink

Chasing

By lovehaleymarie SILVER, Oak Lawn, Illinois
lovehaleymarie SILVER, Oak Lawn, Illinois

"We plot. We plan. We assume things are going to go a certain way. And when they don’t, we find ourselves in a new place—a place we haven’t been before, a place we never would have imagined on our own. It is the difficult and the unexpected, and maybe even the tragic, that opens us up and frees us to see things in new ways. Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right but because it all fell apart. Suffering does that. It hurts, but it also creates. " - To Write Love On Her Arms

At a point you’ll find yourself chasing something that is not there; running around in circles following the air. Believing this is real but turns out to be fake, the one thing you thought would make your life turns into your biggest mistake. You pursue your heart in a brutal way, now your heart is stalled on display. That realistic image of love seems to fade; that passionate belief seems to change. Tears rush and fall on the floor; that plentiful opportunity is now a shut door. Aggression pumps in through your streams, you overflow with emotions and bust at the seams. You go through all that bad for someone’s lies; now you do yourself a favor and bid your goodbyes. The only thing you can do, is realize the situation that one individual put you through. With realization there comes learning, then the one will show up; the one that you are yearning.