The Flower of Life | Teen Ink

The Flower of Life

By astonishinglyamanda BRONZE, Hamilton, New Jersey
astonishinglyamanda BRONZE, Hamilton, New Jersey

"Without music life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Knowing everything
It's something I could never do
But if you think about it
I really should be able to
Because life's so very simple
Yet so hard to understand
And I'm scared

This came out of a conversation I had with my boyfriend.

msoccerm345 SILVER, Grimes, Iowa

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

first of all let me say that this is a great poem. i had to read through it a couple times to get the meaning but i think that that is what makes a good poem sometimes. i also like the length. it is pretty short but yet it says so much that sometimes in those 7 lines that you really have to think and that always makes a good poem. second of all i would like to comment on the content of the poem. i think that once you know that you dont know everything and that has sunk into your brain and you accept that, you are so much more likely to have more knowledge and have a better ability to learn. you also have more wisdom than the smartest peson in the world. there are simple things in life, yes. but is life itself really simple? everyone is afraid of life and living it out to the very fullest but i think once you defeat that fear, you will be so much happier. i do not mean you in the most literal since but in the implied since of the word.

sorry this comment was so long but i am really big into discussing writings and meanings to things.

this was a great piece. you have true talent:) great job:)