Whats Worse... | Teen Ink

Whats Worse...

By R@CH3L3 BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
R@CH3L3 BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri

"Never give up if you still wanna try, Never wipe you tears if you still wanna cry, Never settle for the answer if you still wanna know, Never say you don't like him if you can't let him go"

What’s worse, new wounds which are so horribly painful or old wounds that should’ve healed years ago and never did?
Maybe our wounds teach us something. They remind us where we’ve been and what we’ve overcome.
They teach us lessons about what to avoid in the future. That’s what we like to think. But that’s not the way it is, is it? Some things we just have to learn over and over and over again.

When you’ve been with someone for so long, they become the glove compartment map you have worn down and folded over, the trail you recognize so well you could draw it by heart. And yet, when you least expect it, one day you open your eyes and there’s an unfamiliar turn off that wasn’t there before, and you have to stop and wonder if maybe this landmark isn’t new at all, but rather something you missed all along

msoccerm345 SILVER, Grimes, Iowa

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

i absolutely love this. it is so amazing! you are an amazing writer and i think that everyone can relate to this piece. it is so beautiful!:) keep it up