Lost Soul | Teen Ink

Lost Soul

By tydykes BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
tydykes BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

I'm trapped in a revolving door, I want to slam it but that's beyond I'mpossible. I'm stuck waiting for a train to come and swoop me off the platform but the train is late; still my heart waits. Seeking out the sun and running that awkward run, all in an effort to end that cycle, that tUrn of choice . Can you see me yelling? do you hear my voice? Of coUrse not! cause I'm trapped in the box that defines my life the edges maybe curved they've been carved by my knife. Still I'm Screaming with no sound, just hoping, praying to be found. A truth I once knew that's been battered torn and bruised . Trapped behind a mask that becomes your life, a guard that defines yor life. YoU lose yoUrself in this life as you tackle the trials and strife. Where have you gone? The "me" i used to know, the chubby child with that warm yellow glow? Lost. Spinning and tumbling down the upward stairs, rushed into life unprepared. Higher and higher you are expected to go. WAIT stop! No lifes gotta go. Go on and on till you're wrapped up in the tIme. Swerving and tUrning on those funny lines. The paths society needs you to walk, the most Important test you've never been taught. Lost. Soul. That's two parts the soul is the space deep in yoUr heart. Lost well how can I defined what cant be found? It's a lonely place where you keep falling down.

If anyones ever felt numb or diassociated from life...this is my poem for it. hope you like it.

tydykes BRONZE said...
thank you !! 

Kai17 GOLD said...
Kai17 GOLD, Spokane, Washington

*beepbeep*
"Where to, Miss?"
"To the stars."

I not only like it, I love it. This describes what happens exactly; amazing job. Keep writing.

Debbie1 SILVER said...
Debbie1 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

"As long as there is life, there is hope."

This is a REALLY good poem! Keep writing! great job!

SecrecyGirl17 GOLD, La Monte, Missouri

"Life is a storm, so bring your umbrella."

really good! my kind of poem keep writing =)

on May. 4 2011 at 7:09 am
TheAurorasFall PLATINUM, Dover, Pennsylvania

life isn't about the number of moments you take to breathe, but about the number of moments that take your breathe away.

This is me.