The Reflection

I look in the mirror, but who is it that is there looking back at me?
I have seen this face many times and yet I don't seem to know who it is
The face is so happy and cheerful, but how can this be, when the person inside just wants to break down and cry?
I see such a brave and strong-willed girl staring back at me, but I feel so weak and small on the inside, where the real person I know seems to be hiding
So why is there such a different person in the mirror than there is in me?
I keep searching, but I cannot seem to find the answer. What I feel is so deep so i must keep searching.
So I look in the mirror one last time and in the reflection, I finally see that it is truly me that I see.
There in the eyes of that brave and happy face, is the scared and weak little girl that I know is really me,
And though you might not understand or even know why, she is who I will always be.

BriarRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like it, you have a nice rhythm going. You might wanna try using line breaks though, instead of wordwrapping (not hitting enter at the end of a phrase) Just a sugguestion.  It is a powerful piece and you could do so much with it; it's a good beginning