Love in Piano Keys | Teen Ink

Love in Piano Keys MAG

By Marley Mayer BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Marley Mayer BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Dancing fingers across the ebony and snow-covered keys,
The melody evaporates into the old worn couch

Where I sit, admiring the beautiful sound.
I slowly turn my head, glance out the window,

But the sunlight guides me to your sparkling
Gold eyes. The music conducts me to follow

Your calloused hands, rapidly leaping to the
Perfect chord. Our perfect chord.

phlogiston ELITE, Hermitage, Tennessee

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" -Charlie Chaplin

That is absolutely beautiful. So much meaning in that. Awesome job.

madbunny said...
this is really good i love it

alicat773 SILVER, Oceanside, New York

To me, “FEARLESS” is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, FEARLESS is having fears. FEARLESS is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, FEARLESS is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. FEARLESS is falling madly in love again, even though you’ve been hurt before. FEARLESS is walking into your freshmen year of high school at fifteen. FEARLESS is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again… even though every time you’ve tried before, you’ve lost. It’s FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can’t breathe without them. I think it’s FEARLESS to fall for your best friend, even though he’s in love with someone else. And when... someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is FEARLESS. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’sFEARLESS too. But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after. That’s why I write these songs. Because I think love is FEARLESS.- Taylor Swift

This is beautiful and it reminds me of Twilight, when Edward plays for Bella and also because you mentioned gold eyes(:

on Apr. 20 2011 at 10:37 am
KaitlynMarie GOLD, Northborough, Massachusetts

"I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be."
-Nicholas Sparks

It's beautiful how you show that you and whoever is playing the piano, come together as one. Good job!