Unveiling the Truth | Teen Ink

Unveiling the Truth

By ibroskie BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
ibroskie BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Challenges are what make life interesting, overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Revelations of something real, admire the truth. While you still got it, make it of some use.
Or better yet lose it, like the first time you replaced your tooth. Reference to your youth.
But as a matter of fact, it’s the ignorant that are left black and blue. Suffering from the pain of overlooking the truth.
You should keep your eyes peeled like the yellow on a banana, You self-proclaimed “gangsters” need to take off that red bandana.
And you business men, willing to sacrifice it all for the green. You wonder why the commoners are constantly calling you mean. I mean calling you in order to benefit from your greed,
but your intentions are aimed in satisfying thyself, Not willing to lend a helping hand to anyone else.
Nowadays it seems the world is running in circles, it’s too bad the majority are getting high and smoking that purple.
When we could all channel our energy and thought into something more vital, Man why have we yet to put up a fight yo?
Our land is slowly being taken away, Why are we contemplating on saving the day?
I know you want to be that hero, How about you step up to the crimes as they did at Ground Zero?
So I’ma put up a fight until I see that white light,
In order to enjoy those Haifa oranges without a hassle, without the interrogation from a Zionist ass hole
They say the pen is mightier than the sword, So True
And If it ain’t proven then I’ll have to show you
Put the pieces of the puzzle perfectly together,
Power to the people, Power to the resistor.
Power to the accomplisher, Power to the successor,
you may call me insane for what I’m tryna say
Back in the days, it was the geniuses who were hanged
They were considered a shame, the ones to blame, to be burned in flames
But now we thank those names for our accomplishments today
We hang their faces up on a frame and salute them for their claims
Irony is what occupies the world these days, so I believe it’s time for us to make a change

Inspired by Lupe Fiasco's "Words I Never Said"