The Clay on The Wheel

It slips smoothly
Through my fingers
Milk chocolate beauty
I hold it firmly
It stays
I loosen
My grip
And away
It goes
It is grace
It is life
That I shape
Just as the gods
Shaped me

Flames
Flames bring it
Into being
And when it cools
It is ready
For color

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love poetry, not to mention this poem :D. Nice job, and again, 5/5

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:37 am
I love your style of writing, but I didn't really understand the poem. (maybe it's just me)

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
It's about wheel throwing, which is a type of pottery. The bit about the gods is just me drawing a little from mythology. Lots of cultures thought the gods made people from mud or clay.

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your love of pottery definitely bleeds through in this poem! :D My favorite part is: "It is grace/ It is life/ That I shape/ Just as the Gods/ Shaped me."

I do love pottery. It's the sort of thing where the world seems to shrink and shrink until there's only the clay, the wheel, and my hands.