That Which Cannot Be Mended

I stood before the council
And they passed judgment
Never, they shouted,
Never again
Shall this creature
Touch upon our streets
Nor foul our air
Nor mold our bread
Let it be kept in the dungeon
Until, in the purity
Of the laden moon
We cast it
Into the Lands of Filth

A gaping hole
Was ripped in my heart
I tried to fill it
With rage
How could they dare
To banish me
To name me a “creature”
An “it”
When I was foremost
Among them
Their kin
Their savior

None in the Lands of Filth
Were safe
From my wrath
But I took no joy
In the slaughter of savages
Only one thing
Could satisfy the beast in my soul
Many years
It took me
Many long years
Of bitter scheming
Before opportunity
Came to call

And now?
With the corpses
Of my hated foes
Cold beneath my feet?
The hole
Is still there
And the beast
Lurks within

The hour is come
That my dream
Is fulfilled
And the hour is past
That my life
May return

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is truly amazing, I loved the perspective y chose! 5/5 (what did you expect?XD)

Kev-Girl said...
I like it! It was very well written! :) good job!

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Very good, this is beautifully unique.

HannSawyer15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I really like this... it really pulled me in and made me want to keep reading. Great job!

Raytheraym said...
Wow! This is fantastic! Very well written! I really like it! :)

JerseyGirl716 said...
Very, very powerfull. I like the message: that revenge is worthless, right? Don't fight fire with fire? You got that across in a really unique way, definitely not a cliche :) Great job!

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! I actually wrote this in a language arts class free write. The prompt was "stuff that's broken".

Zildj This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 1:07 am
Hm. Definitely an original juxtaposition of tone and subject. I like the idea. Maybe make some more? This could be a trademark style, for sure. 

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:12 am
I really like this. A lot. The story is intriguing--it kind of made me wonder what was going on as I started, and your word choice was excellent. Good job!!! :)

freeflow23 said...
I liked the story you told with this poem. It was very thought provoking.

TwasBrilling said...
I like this! It's great that you told a story with it...something I'm not very good at with poetry.

.Izzy. replied...
After I read this, the first thought that came to my mind was powerful. Very interesting concept. I don't really have any contrustive criticism for you, I like it how it is(: Good job!

(:Thanks:)

A.A95 said...

I liked it! its really powerful. I love your thought prosses behind it!!

Could you maybe read one of my poems i dont care wich one you pick.

Which poems are they? I looked you up on advance search, but nothing came up. Are they in the forums?

Silent_Artist replied...
Really like this one :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very powerful! I had to read it twice to feel the full impact because your word choice and thought process behind the poem is very strong and complex. I hope I'm making sense! - The first paragraph reminds me of a book I read called Anthem by Ayn Rand. Have you read it? Anyway, this is very well written and I'm super impressed! Keep writing, I can't wait to read more! :D

I haven't read it, but now you've made me want to!

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha. You should, its pretty short but extremely amazing. Ayn Rand wrote it after escaping a communist country - The book is SUPER powerful, I highly reccomend it :)

lucybrown97 said...

Wow, this is really interesting- Is it based upon a time period in history or did you make it up?  It sounds really cool either way.  This poem had a really great beat to it, and I love the descriptive words you used- I also like how you capitalized 'Lands of Filth' because it made the poem more interesting and it kept me reading. 

I hope you keep writing, I really enjoyed this!