The Hope We Had

If you were here with me
I'd take you outside
Into the wondrous blackness of
Our
Night
And show you the sound
Of moth wings brushing the stars

We'd watch our dreams
Soar up around us
Higher
Into the rainbow teardrop sky
And over the crystalline vanilla
Earth
And smile

And the dragons would sing
To our song
The one we wrote together
When we danced in the meadow
Of sapphire roses
And lights in the sky
Would call us

And when we were done
With our starlight
Adventure
We'd race away home
As the stars blinked at our feet
And the sounds of hoofbeats
Echoed in our ears

And we'd nestle under the
Blanket of velvet
That is the midnight sky
And the Moon
And the song that is
Love
Would lull us to sleep

And we'd soar on sheets of
Fiery dreams
In the realms of the thing
That we know as
Hope
Off into the
Sunset

But you're gone now
So I'll never know

_betweenthelines_ said...
I like the phrases that you use like "crystalline vanilla earth". This poem is really interesting and unique and is unlike any poem I've ever read. Good work!

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 6:26 am
I'd also like to add that I like your formatting; how you put key words on their own line like "Hope" and "Sunset" and "Adventure".

Mar. 6, 2011 at 6:22 am
I love this! Amazing! You used countless amazing descriptions, like "moth wings brushing the stars", "our dreams soar around us", "rainbow teardrop sky", "the meadow of sapphire roses", and "sheets of fiery dreams". You are a great poet and this poem paints a lovely, vivid picture in my mind.

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So if this poem got any better, i would past all over everything and anything... I loved it. Thank you for posting it, because I can't stop reading it, in fear i missed somthing even more captivating than the first time. <3

stickyfingers said...
hey, you never showed me this! :) I am holding that against you, now. FYI. Anyway, I loved it. Beautiful. I think there's a song called something like that by FireFlight. It rocks like relentless redemption ;)  i love it.

SaMiLoVe97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 11:12 am
:D I am so in love with this(: Amazing...Im stunned dear(:

Rcozzone said...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 7:52 am

nice                                                                                  &... (more »)

mwahxandxmwa said...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 12:48 am
That is absolutely beautiful and precious. Your way of wording is just mesmerising. That is graet. Mwah :D