Dressed To Impress

Sharp pointed toe
Patent red leather
Dangerously high stilettos
Daring to be challenged

Fish net tights
Run her legs long
Smooth skin peaks from behind coarse ropes
Teasing to be touched

Tight slinky dress
Shorter than her fingertips
Exposed scratches down the back
Tempting to be torn off

Red stained lips
Sinister eyes, dark and enchanting
Designer perfume lingers as she passes by
Begging to be noticed

She’s dressed to impress
Cracked heart with some bruises
Head trapped in a disheveled mess
Eyes looking in the wrong places
Dying to be loved

musicalmolly said...
WOW! I love this! 5 stars for sure! I know many girls who feel this way, and it is sad to that society makes these women feel like this. Your imagery was perfect in this poem, and I could picture this woman without a doubt. I loved the last line of each stanza, especially, "Dying to be loved." You wrote a very powerful poem, very wonderful job!

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Freakin awesome my deardarling. please pay no attention to the inconsistency in my vernacular. i do love the last line of every stanza.

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

" Dying to be loved."

Wow.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i thought this poem was great, and its imagery was awesome! just like sosammie said, i could picture this woman perfectly. sadly a lot of women do dress like that but its true. keep up the good work!

alicen1ndrland said...
Been meaning to look at your stuff for awhile now. Love this piece, it's very descriptive in a good way. keep it up !

SoSammieWhatsUPThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like it no  wait I love it. i love that could picture the women in my headvery cool :)

DaughterofEvil said...

I know she isn't real, but you made me shed a tear for this poor poor woman. I've never felt like this, but hey, I'm 15. Again, beautiful work..

6/5

AmandaPanda123 said...
I loved how you described everything in the poem

imrighthereyouknow said...

This is so true, that some women feel this way. Really, almost every woman feels like that at least once, I think. Great poem: throughout the entire thing I love how you sort of incorporated her inner thoughts.

If you can, can you comment/give me constructive criticism on some of my work? My new poem is "A history's Sorrow", and my new story is "Alone?". Alone? isn't published to the website yet, but if you have time can you read it in the writer's workshop forum? Thank you, and nice w... (more »)