Among Glass Now I Walk

From every vulnerable streak painted within me,
I preach among despair,
Emptied of soul and drained of wisdom,
Grieving for the weakest of air.

Placed before a blank page,
I fret not knowing of my talent to write,
Each concoction of literary downpour shall be nothing,
Bland among the poison of fright.

Perhaps my being shall forever be humble,
My existence a novel unknown,
Yet for as long as I breath the pain will keep dragging,
Ripping the the core of my empty soul.

Built upon hope,
I have lost my intention,
Among glass now I walk,
Stranded and shattered,
My life has turned to a solace of matter,
all due to this damn writer's block.

ElleNicole said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 10:51 am:

This is really unique. I love it!

Would you please comment/rate my work? I need more feedback as well. I'll continue rating your great work. Job well done on the pieces I've seen so far!

samiasaskia24 said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 12:45 pm:
Your poems seem very thought out. Am I right? Very interesting though! I'll just say keep writing! If you get the chance check on my stuff, and please give me feed back! I rarely get feed back on things I write, no matter if at school or here! Thank you for your poems!

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 1:08 am:

beautiful!! and such a great idea to write about having writers block!!!

My favorite lines were:

Perhaps my being shall forever be humble, My existence a novel unknown,Yet for as long as I breath the pain will keep dragging,Ripping the the core of my empty soul.

P.S. Don't stop writing! you are so talented and can go a long way with this gift God has given you! :)

AprilSunshine said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 8:17 pm:
Wow... I absolutely LOVE this poem. Amazing! And the irony of surpassing writers block by writing about it! You can definitely write! You don't need any one elses opinion on whether or not to keep writing, though. If it is something you love and something that makes you happy then don't stop! keep writing chicka!:)

TimekeeperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm:
A very interesting concept--beating writers block by writing about writer's block. Totally creative, I dig it.

mcnwritingsoul said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm:
i beg of all readers to PLEASE post comments!!! im STARVING for feedback!!!

M.Kimmi replied...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 8:04 pm :
We are giving feedback, i just don't know your other stories

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:16 pm:

This is awesome!

So amazing, the flow is gorgeous, the language eloquent, and the imagery and emotions are so alive.

Don't worry, my dear, you most certainly can write, and write you will.

M.Kimmi replied...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm :

a side comment to not the author but i am the shy star girl: thanks

to the author: i like ur choice of words, it gave this sense of....i don't know how to explain it, "strenght" not that but....do u get wat i mena?

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 5:03 pm :
You're welcome, I'm glad I could help :)

mcnwritingsoul said...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 3:45 pm:

Hi guys,

Being such an "oblivious" or rather "reliant writer," I beg of you to give me feedback....no matter how cruel or harsh the comment. I need to know whether I should continue writing. I will, however, not take any offense to any constructive critisism or harsh comments!!