I am special

I am living
Not yet dead

I am seeing
Not yet believing

I am hoping
Not yet wishing

I am wanting
Not yet needing

I am hating
Not yet loving

I am thinking
Not yet doing

I am special
Not yet worthless

Mystiecub said...

Out of all the pieces I reveiwed, this has gotta be my favorite :) This is EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!! lol...

again, really good job; keep writing :D

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
aw thanks! and of course i will! :)

MagicMan2011 said...
I'm going to ad this to my favorites list. Great Job!

thanks so much! i appreciate it! :)

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

This was beautiful!

It's hard to believe that such a young mind can write so well. Great job! :)

thank you so much! Means a lot! :)

Shayna121 said...
Good parallel opposites effect, over all well done...I didn't find any mistakes...

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
All teens can relate to this poem.  Or at least, I can!

Robyn97 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 11:51 am
The slightly altered repetition is cool. Nice job.

yellowflower said...
I love this poem, it says to much with so few words! the pattern makes your feelings so clear and focused, the poem requires just enough thought to make it memorable but not too much as to make it confusing, great job!

musicispassion said...
great poem they inspire me to write better i enjoy ur work this is one of my favs from u

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
hmmmmmmm - interesting!

BrielleM-JustAnotherOwl- said...
I really loved this! I agree with Sammiekay, it made me think of both sides of whatever I feel...I like "I am wanting, not yet needing" because sometimes you start off wanting something & then you just need it! Anyway, keep writing poetry! I really like your style of writing!

CharlesDickens said...
I really like this poem, and being a grammar N.azi myself, I must inform lovelycheese, that she is, in fact, mistaken.  It is not necessary in stylized poetry to capitalize or not.  In many newspaper articles, you will see this type of capitalization used, and although I prefer all caps, both are perfectly viable.

Sammiekay replied...
i really like it!! it makes me think about the flip-side of me feelingss(:

SpringRayyn said...
I like the ending part, "I am special Not yet worthless." I can connect to it somewhat, so I like it too. You don't have to capatalize the title (referring to lovelycheese's comments) if that is what you want to write it as.

lovelycheese said...

This is the first poem I've reviewed, so I'm not entirely an expert. 

As a picky grammar person, I immediately see the title ~ capitalize I Am Special. Haha sorry...

I very much like the pattern of the poem. However... the mood of the poem is slightly hazy to me. But it seems to make sense to you, and that's what the crucial part is. 

I'm not good at deciphering hidden messages, as in this one, but I can say that your tone is professional sounding, and I like it... (more »)

Coffee replied...
Jan. 22, 2011 at 11:09 am

I love the pattern and the ending!!!

(Yeah, I'm not very good at writing poems, so i'm not an expert at giving feedback on them either)