Inferno Garden

"The souls of my feet simmer in the ashes of love and deceit. Does this rose of red cinders flicker from his face? Should I feel sympathy for demon's tears that expand thorns into my hand as I clench? Forsake those that would step upon the garden of Eden and ravish for its seeds! Nay, thou cannot stomp nor stammer with the woe of salvation! You demand to feed upon the innocent and so may you die by it! Tamper no more with the fruit of the hellfire tree! Pick no more blistering cherries and lay them sleep in your basket of indulgence and compunction! These petals of anguish are set ablaze on my heart…The consoling whisper of the grass is but a thunderstruck snivel below the insensitive soil…If fire should be the flame that fuels the chaste to desolation and despair, then I wish only for the water of death to carve an unsullied crest over my grave… For as long as humankind swells, the seeds of infidelity will germinate…"

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Mightymite said...
i find it amazing that you can step outside of yourself and write like Thomas Cole's romantic paintings.