It Hurts

By , Hermitage, TN
The pain swelling up deep from my soul
My body weak from the beatings
My heart ready to burst into a thousand pieces
As the tears come gushing out

Blood dripping down my fingertips
Eyes red from rage and tears
Stumbling and falling down again
I can no longer get up

On the floor I lie
Waiting for the pain to return
My heart beating faster and faster
Until it just stops

Grace09 said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 1:45 am
So beautiful, you are very talented. I'm in love with this right here.

phlogiston This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much! I am so glad you liked it!

drowning-in-sorrow replied...
This poem is amazing. Keep up the excellent job.  :)

Thank you! I absolutely will.

sursounak said...
amazing poem... but do brighten up plzz. let yr poems be as bright as yu are...!

The only was to be bright is to first reveal the darkness from within. You mustn't be afraid to do the things so many in the past were too afraid to do. Now I have to tell the stories.

LaShay_25 said...
Jan. 18, 2011 at 11:19 am
seriously ur an awesome writer, check out some of my stuff please?

Thank you! That really means a lot. I will absolutely check out your stuff.

anon. said...
Jan. 18, 2011 at 7:38 am

amazing job!

there is another poem that i love and its about the same topic as yours. im looking for more of those poems. any ideas which are good?

I have been trying to write poetry but it just doesn't come as naturally as fiction writing. could you please share what inspired you to write this poem? my school shall be making books of good stories and poems and im hoping to submit something. and i think this poem could develop an amazing storyline!

this is great!

Thank you! Hmm I will have to think about other things with this topic. I, unlike you, cannot write fiction at all. For me poetry comes naturally, and I absolutely love it. I really don't know what inspired me to write this. I might have just been in a really low mood about something, and this is what flowed from my head. Again thank you so much! I really hope that this does get you a great story line. Let me know about it when you finish!

Keli123 said...
this is really great. i love it. :)

Thank you so much!

Keli S. replied...
your welcome! keep writting! id love to see more of your stuff! :)