The Frame

He hands me

an Image.

“this is what you are,”

He says

with such pride

that i want,

dearly,

to be that Image.

but as i squeeze into

the Frame

i realize,

i don’t fit.

i give him the Frame

“fits like a glove!”

He smiles with

a rare joy

a spot of white light

in a cavern

and i am filled with a guilty

pleasure

the Frame didn’t fit

and He may never know.

zhlenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This is really good. Simple yet elegent.

maggiebar1 said...
Dec. 26, 2010 at 10:45 am:
i like the way this is written a lot. you know how to stay true to yourself, and your right, you don't have to fit into that "frame" your father may have given you, because at the end of the day you're the one staring back at yourself in the mirror. good work, maybe you'll check out my page??:)

Shaniaharmonjones said...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 2:09 am:

Simply amazing. ilovethissomuch. 5 stars.

you should look at my work. & rate.

may i remind you... your work is superfrikkinbeaste

brilliant.

Spazhottie247 said...
This is amazing. It really captures the pressure you felt and I'm actually touched by how real it is. I love your writing style. Please continue!

Unbreakable326 said...
its really amazing

thinkingofyou said...
I love this poem because it's about something that I feel strongly about. You should be who you are, not who someone else wants you to be.

rosykatnip97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this article made me see something deeper than the words, deeper than the general meaning. I dont know how to explain it. awesome job! could you check out some of my stuff?

maddyd said...
Dec. 23, 2010 at 7:43 am:

Wow. Fantastic poem, the phrasing you use makes it interesting to read. Keep it up!

maddy

alanacarlene said...
Me too! I didn't know what to expect but this is a really amazing poem! I absoluetly love how you compared the relationship with your dad with saying you fit in the frame even though you didn't! This is TeenInk Magazine worthy!

xealor said...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 6:10 am:
Brilliant. i love your writing style. honestly, i thought i was about to read some shoddy unreal work but this is brilliant!

billlover420This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is a really good poem