My Life | Teen Ink

My Life

November 10, 2010
By Anonymous

Childhood rememberances of mine are moslty sad, but sometimes bring joy.I always remember things like living in Mexico, Colorado, and New Mexico moving from place to place without a mom in your world. And people at school talk about you, but they never stop to think about what i've been through like losing your mother at age 7 and her leaving behind 2 beautiful children. How weird it felt having a new woman take her place next to your dad, and having new brothers and sisters.Your life can all change within a second. The family starts having problems.You look and see everyday your parents fight there's not a day with simly peace.Another family moves into the house and now there is 10 people.My dad works hard everyday to try and get the family going, he goes through struggles and we manage to keep surviving. We finally get a vacation, we go to Mexico and visit family we haven't seen. Tears of joy come to our eyes and we make memories as time goes by.I see my grandparents with a smile on their wrinkly faces. It makes me happy to see we still have family.As big as 90 cousins or more and 11 aunts and uncles.Before we leave we all gather up,get our vases filled with beautiful flowers and gifts that we go take to my mom,grandpa,and cousin Jorge. May you all R.I.P.


The author's comments:
My family and life expieriences made me write this touching poem of my life and childhood.