If I Could Tell You A Secret

Dear Best Friend,

If I could tell you a secret
There are so many things I would say

I’d tell you I’m secretly in love
And I might even tell you it’s with your brother

I’d tell you about that website
You saw me clicking off of

I’d let you read those texts I hurriedly delete
And show you that everything’s not fine

I’d tell you what really happened with my father
And maybe tell you why I lied

I’d spill out my very soul to you
If I could trust that you would keep it

But when I asked if I could share a secret
You laughed and said “I wouldn’t recommend it”

So I’ll write this letter and never send it

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love it! (That's all I can say!)

Beachgirl1 said...
Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:35 am
I love LOVE LOVE LOVE this! it makes you think! I love your ending line! Great job! This is going under my favorties :) and i see u are published in the MAG great job!

Hotaru said...
I really enjoyed this poem. I thought it was very clever.

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! :)

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 7:26 am
great poem and yes psych is a great show

Mar. 31, 2011 at 7:34 am

Thanks! :) And yes, yes it is. Can't wait until the next season!

~I've heard it both ways~

AEAluvsanimals said...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 12:48 am

I like this poem! The rhyme at the end is awesome , because It gives the end a little extra oomph. Did I spell oomph right? How the heck should one spell oomph anyway?

I wa wondering... Comment for comment with me?

I'll comment on some of your Duty: To heart stuff ( Where are the parts with Ian and Piper?)

I'd be very much oblighed if you commented on What Fools These Mortals Be

and maybe Quaris

anyway, Ciao

Jan. 25, 2011 at 6:37 am

haha Thanks!!! I'll try to remember to comment on yours, but I'm pretty scatterbrained, so if you don't hear from me, go ahead and remind me. :)

I really hope you like Duty! :D Ian and Piper don't come in until later, so they aren't on here yet. :)  

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this made me nearly cry...these things are exactly the things i would tell my best friends but i dont even tell my siblings so...well done!! definately a favorite!!

I'm really glad you liked it!  And while I'm not glad you are able to relate, I'm glad it's relatable. :)  Don't be afraid to open up to your friends - they're often more understanding than you think. <3

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks!! but i have a feeling if i fully opened up to my friends i wouldnt have anything to write about...but maybe one day...:)

Lol that's me too - secrets make such splendid stories. :)  Anywhoo, hope that you find a way to say what you need to say without draining the creative juices. :P  How's life?

haha!!!Life is good...except for school and secrets ;D hows your life?!!

My life is great, except for school and horses lol

they should really make a chat on this website...anyway so any new ideas to write about on your mind?

Ikr? It'd be sooo much easier. I actually do have a few.  I'm starting a novel with my best friend (the prologue's out - it's To Dare), and I'm hoping to write a collection of funny short stories about my summer.  Also, I'm reading "On Writing" by Stephen King, and there's a prompt in there I want to get to. :)  What about you?

The short story things is a good idea, dont worry i wont steal it!! haha!! Em, i'm actually trying to write a novel but i'm only on chapter 6 but i haven't done chapter 3 or 4 yet so..it might take a while!! But hopefully i'll be finished soon!! but i love writing poetry so my mind is always coming up with poem ideas!! i'll go read To Dare now!! 1sec (it'll actually be like 10 mins though!!)

finished!! i commented and rated!! 5 out of 5 of course!! i think thats a really good idea about doing it with your friend, you must be really good friends!!!! how do you agree on what to write etc.?

I'm glad you liked it!  About the story, it's really kind of funny.  If you're bored and want a long story, here goes. lol

So me and my friend argue A. LOT.  But when I first met her, we spent every day together because of our parents (mine agreed to board her pony in exchange for help building our barn) so not getting along wasn't really an option.  So we started acting out stories with model horses as if they were people (we were ten).  Anyway, ... (more »)

its wasnt that long of a story!! Thats really interesting actually, this may sound kind of stupid but does everybody who knows you know you write? like are you open about it?