Permanent?

How unflinching,
Is the bittter pain,
Of deep and sorrowful,
Inner shame.
It nisther forgives,
Nor dains to relax.
But holds unbending,
It's prisoner to facts.
To torment,
Slowly.
For years on end.
It knowingly,
Reminds.
It will not forget.
But dares it's victim,
To try and overcome it.

Aderes18 said...

This is a great poem, I think it's your best. :) 

But typos!! 

SMWells replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:22 am
Critisism exepted. I know I made some mistakes when putting this one up.

Aderes18 replied...

It's Ok. :)

It's just the two lines

It nisther forgives(I think you mean neither)

Nor dains to relax.

No idea about dains.

SMWells replied...
Dains is like scornful binevolence, it's complicated.

Aderes18 replied...
Is dains a word you made up? I just googled it and I looked it up at dictionary.com. Are you sure that's the correct spelling? Also, scornful benevolence doesn't make sense, it's an oxymoron. :) 

IamtheshyStargirl said...
You have amazing talent, and good imagery, though I've noticed that you seem to have a terrible time with synonyms. Perhaps you have improved since your last poem posted to here?

SMWells replied...
I cannot very well judge my own poetry I'm afraid, so though I have writtin a grate deel sense this was posted, I don't honestly know if I've improved. I have sent in above twenty of my other poems, but the haven't been aproved yet, I can alwase post them on the formous though if you want to read them.  

WingsFlyingHigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this... It's really rings true with me. Shame is something you can try to ignore, but it will haunt you and haunt you until you forgive yourself. Even the small things that I shouldn't have done keep me up some nights in pain... Well written, it really touches the heart. 

S M Wells replied...
Why thank you! I myself am not very fond of most poems I write. For I hold to the harsh truth. And actualy I don't know that I ever forgive myself for anything. But I do forget mostly after a while. I think writing helps me to recover sometimes from the meloncholy things of life. You worded your coment very well.

echome94 said...
Shame is a relentless mistress who locks you in her tower and reminds you time and again of your mistakes in various forms of torture. Trust me i've been there, and she is so cruel.

SMWells replied...
Nov. 16, 2010 at 6:34 am
You might be surprised when I tell you,outside my family your the first person who seams to relate. Nice of you to coment.

echome94 replied...
Not really, most people just wont admit to feeling shame. And what i said is exactly how i feel. I love this, keep writing.

SMWells replied...
Thank you.I don't think I could stop if I tride.

echome94 replied...
it's human nature to feel shame, it comes with the territory of being a teenager too.

SMWells replied...
Thats posible. But this was definately my fault.And trust me...not easily forgiveable. When I said I could stop though,I was actualy talking about writing. I don't why it's not acsesable through,more by this auther on this poem.But this is not the only one they put on the website.

SMWells replied...
OH well...it looks as though the computer messed me last reply up a bit.

echome94 replied...
Aw that sucks :-(

SMWells replied...
What in heavens name  is that soposed to mean?!

echome94 replied...

That you poems wont show up

SMWells replied...
Oh dear, I'm afraid I still don't get it. But nevermind that.