"War and Peace and Nothing At All" | Teen Ink

"War and Peace and Nothing At All"

“The world is your cradle and your trap” Chuck Ealahuk

This is the place that loved you, yet it didn’t care.

This is the place where you can make yourself to be anything with the proper tools, but it doesn’t provide them.

This is the place where you laughed with friends, and cried in lack of.

This is the place where you live in courage from those you put fear into.

This is the place where you will find fortune in others losses.

This is the place where you have to destroy in order to create.

This is the place where the only way to get to tomorrow, is by reflecting on yesterday.

This is the place where you support war, and yet you send help to those you warred against.

This is the place you found love and heart break.

This is the place where scandal happened in place of something good.

This is the place you tried to get to, yet you couldn’t get away from.

This is the place you will see life and death, war and peace, and yet nothing at all.

We see all of this and more sometimes, during national crises or something on the news. There is a lot to be afraid of in this life, but there is no avoiding it. There are times when the world can put all of its weight on you, and you still have to stand strong. There are times when you will be hated for the things you love, but you still will love them. When you look for the cold in the world you will find it, it seems that people have to be cold to try and prove themselves to others. I guess you can say that the past is the future, because all of the people you may have been cold to, will now always be cold to you.

This is the place of opportunity-
This is the place of friendship-
This is the place where you will find individuality.

We are all unique; we all have our own likes and dislikes, along with our own history. Life is whatever you make it out to be not whatever some Doctor Phil tells you. Why make the mistake of going to some god awful, hour and a half lecture on a meaning of life seminar when you come out dumber than when you went in? My point is try to enjoy yourself, and I do not mean that I should see you in the warrant section of the paper or in the evening news for doing something illegal. You are always learning more about yourself through out life so try to become the best you that you can become. Anyone who tells you

this piece is ment to be an eye opener for students. I wanted to show that although not everybody like you, you will always have freinds, if you stay true to yourself