Far Fetched Regret | Teen Ink

Far Fetched Regret

By z2279 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
z2279 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Color my life with the chaos of trouble."

I'm sorry.

I'll never be that perfect girl, with no flaws and imperfections. I won't have a million dollars in my bank account nor will I be famous enough to live in hollywoods hills. I don't have much to my name, only three words that lable me as a human being. I probably don't function properly to be classified as normal, but isn't that the reason you loved me? Isn't all if not some of the reasons you have loved me?

I'm sorry. 

I hurt you. I never meant to break your heart. When a heart breaks, it doesn't break even. You and I know that all to well. To where in the beginning, we mended our hearts back together. Only to torture eachother back to broken from others past burdens put upon us. Did I do something wrong? Was that the wrong thing to say?

I'm sorry.

I let my past and emontions get the best of me. That I wasn't head strong. Sometimes I couldn't hold my ground against you because I just wanted you close. Barriers were broken and not set. But isn't that how we became so close? Isn't that how we fell in love?

I'm sorry.

I've let you down. I tried so many times to be the perfect girl for you. Changing what I would say, how I would react to certain things you'd say. I have found I can't do any of that. No matter how hard I try, I can't change. My slate with three words, that lable me as a human  will never be any different. Did I try hard enough? Can we last any longer, with me as me and you as you?

I'm sorry.

No matter how many times I've tried, I always fell short. I never wanted anything more then to make you happy. I never wanted to break your heart. Is sorry enough? Or do you need more?

I'm sorry.

It has taken me so long to come up with the right words. That I have confused you out of your own mind. I am still connected to you. I still need you. Do you still need me too? Or have you spread your wings and flown beyond my reach?

I'm sorry. 

I don't know how to give you a proper ending. Our chapter in eachothers lives cannot close. You don't want an ending do you? Is our chapter together still being written? 

I'm sorry. 

Through all the pain I have caused you, I still don't understand myself. Even through all of this, no matter how tarnished these words may sound, I still love you.   

I'm sorry.