Ode to Clavicles This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In the crevices of my chest
Through its valleys and troughs
You delicately tie a bow
So fragile and thin
Nestled between knobs of my shoulders
You are jewelry of the bone
A poor girl’s necklace
Modest collar to my bare torso

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really cool. My favorite line is "poor girl's necklace." You're such a creative thinker. (:

HannahBrooklynn said...
this is really good (:
i like your writing style.

crich897 said...
Shane_Zeh_Banderbear, the whole point of this poem is to relate something not necessarily beautiful into someting beautiful. ever hear of a metaphor? geez.

hiding said...
its really good. i like the poor girls necklace. it does make you see little things differently

Shane_Zeh_Banderbear said...
I like this poem's idea a lot. It's actually quite beautiful.

I would take the second line and change it from 'valleys and troughs' to something related to a chest, rather landscape.

cookibear said...
Aug. 7, 2008 at 12:11 am
I really like you poem because it turns a normal clavical bone into something beautiful and you see it through different eyes. To be able to look at a normal part of the body and turn it into something different and unique is an amazing thing and is starting to make me see small things as something bigger and more important. Thanks for the insperation and helping me to open my eyes to the small things around me. Keep up the awesome writing,