An Accidental Murderer

By , New York, NY
The blade burns
As it dances a careless,
Beautiful ballet
Over my scarred body.
Whispering promises
Of no pain
And no memories to haunt me into the night.
No screams imprinted in my memory.
The smell of burning flesh
Forever lost
In the deep, dark pit
Of nothingness
That I try so hard
To reach.

The blade slips
Over my thighs,
Twisting, turning
Carving away all of my pain.
I shudder as I try
Not to remember.
To block the memories
Of her from my
Worthless mind.
Sweet, innocent, beautiful.
Alive.
But that was before.
Now she's dead.
And it's all my fault.

Dragonscribe said...
I love this! Well, actually I don't, because it's really sad. But it's a great poem. I have heard many cases of accidentally killing someone, and I think it's so horrible. The guilt that would remain with you your whole life would astronomical...I always pray for those people.

Dragonscribe replied...

At my school a class was outside playing tetherball and someone hit a girl on her head. Turned out she had a blood bubble clotting on her brain, and the blow had caused it to burst. She died that day.

Of course, it was an accident waiting to happen, and it least it wasn't a member of her own family who did it. But I always wonder how the kid who hit her feels...

Dragonscribe replied...
Please check out my work! Thank you so much!

Xox.Sarah.xoX replied...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 1:17 am

thank you!! 

I know, right? It's so, so sad. I know for sure that I would never, ever be able to get over something like that, especially if it was a little girl. Well, anyone, actually. 

Wow. The guilt that would haunt that child...
I could try for all my life, but I would never even begin to comprehend what that would feel like.

Haha I'm kind of (a lotly) new to this site, and I went to your profile, but i can't seem to be able to find any of your wo... (more »)

Dragonscribe replied...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 11:28 am
That's okay, I think my file is malfunctioning, though I know I have stuff posted. One is called, "A Hundred Years" and another is "A Little Bird." And you're welcome - it's a terrific (sad) poem.

Xox.Sarah.xoX replied...

okay, I'll look :)

thank you!