Fears Fall

Silently fall the tears.
Though silent,
encompasses all her fears.
All her fears
fall down her face,
Knows she takes up too much space.
In the little white room,
gives herself a hug
and is led to her doom.
Hooked up to wires,
tells herself to be strong.
she knows strength requires
that she admits she’s done wrong.
Silently fall the fears.
Though silent,
encompasses all her tears.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:54 pm
I like your play on words between tears and fears. It makes me think of all the ways they are the same. Crying seems so vulnerable to us perhaps because it exposes the very fact that we do have fears. This poem is a fascinating glimpse into a unique personal situation through the commonly relatable experience of tears.

KylieKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 4, 2012 at 11:33 am
I'm pleasantly surprised! And why don't you have a piece in the magazine? I don't see why this isn't published! It has a very clever rythm, and the rhymes are fresh! Very original!

moon_beam said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 10:38 am
Descriping my Breakdown again

CWells_521 said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 11:02 am
I really love this, it gives me a different meaning than it might to other people but it's so real. Great job!

FritiaSalsus said...
Ooh! i loved the flow of this. I found it sad, but it was very honest. I loved the feeling you put into this, and am going to go look at the rest of your work.

minnieokie said...
Very good!  I think I have an advantage when reading your work. 

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
What do you mean by that?

thepreachyteenager replied...
Nov. 2, 2010 at 11:00 am
I liked how you related the ending back to the beginning, it made the poem actually sound like it was over, and the reader was left very satisfied.  Pretty sad, but very forefilling and honest.  I also liked your metaohor and your vocabulary.  Nice job, 5 stars :)

super_nerd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 4:58 am
Am I right in saying that you are describing a person on death row headed to the electric chair?

Feb. 19, 2011 at 5:00 am
If that's your interpretation of it. (Sorry to sound like an English teacher. I know what I'm describing, but what you think I'm describing is what you think and I'm not going to tell you what to think.)