Abandon me in bedlam and paint me a face

I let out a ‘yawp,’ voice thick with drunken hallucinations and eyes glazed with ruby insanity. I dance the feral flamenco of ringing lunacy that takes place at the end of every world, every world that is sunk in cold defeat and licorice evil, that is. When did I become a restless beast, to rearrange the corpses of the kings and noblemen that ruled the world in the time before the lord of the heavens stopped caring? ‘O well,’ says the blind horseman, ‘look into the mirror and see your hideous form being bombarded by the black and white static weight of truth’s unreality. Maybe there is a dribble of something to love that is running down the gash that is your gruesome mouth.’ I turn away in a fit of rhythmic convulsions, and images of chaos in its pure-fire form ripple through my already unsettled disposition burning my core to its reddened marrow. Upsetting screams flit across my mind, and I scream frantically in the direction of their voices as dying knights spear the newborn clouds and dark blood drips slowly from the cotton forms. I’m battling with a wild sea snake now that has always lived beneath my bedroom window sill in the hedge, biding his time until the time until the time when I would meet my match in the form of dark matter. Fire dances on his serpentine lips and scorches what is left of good what is left what is left what is left of innocence. What is left of innocence?

Who will release me from the wild thing that is my throttled self? Who will break the bonds of immortal existence and miserable being that cut into my blackened shoulders and bestow death with a kiss upon my knotted forehead. I dream of an end. I dream of an end I dream of an end I dream of an end I dream of an

end.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:12 am
Nonsensical, realistic, flowing, paroxysmal...this is a piece of many descriptions. Inktea's metaphor describes this perfectly.

Aderes18 said...
Again, I love the language but hard for me to follow. I really like the first couple of sentences but the rest just bewilderes me!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:14 am
The bewildering effect was what I aimed for. It's nonsensical, but that's what I like about it, actually. It's really impossible to follow, because there is very little to follow!

Inktea said...
This reminds me of my own free writing a fair bit, although I must say, this is immesnly better. It seems to follow a train of thought as it detaches from the tracks.

Many thanks, Inktea. Your clever metaphor makes me proud...

Your username, I have observed, combines two things which are necessary to my happiness. Ink and tea. What else is a basic necessity for the writer?

Inktea replied...

Cats. I'm pretty sure cats seal the deal at least for me. But Inkteacats doesn't work so well.

Anyway, necessities, that's why I chose the name.

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Gee captain, at the end you sound like you really want to leave. one could not strees it better than. do your dance.

CarlyMurphy said...

You, my dear friend, shall never cease to amaze me.

This is pure brilliance: the beauty of the words strung together, the chill of imagery, the precise phrases ("corpses of the kings," "feral flamenco," "licorice evil," "I dream of an end"), the endless emotion. You have an abundance of talent.

What a lovely compliment, Carly Murphy!

I can honestly say that this piece came very easily to me, as if I didn't even write it. Thank you for reading it through to the end. Good luck in all your future endeavors. I hope your cat is doing well...

CarlyMurphy replied...

Of course! 

And merci beaucoup! :)

PS- My cat??

IamtheStargirl said...

This, <head cocked to one side> seems to explore and explain insanity, at least, in my mind.

It makes it seem beautiful.

(Which, I suppose it is. Or can be.) <Shrugs>

I love your points of view! Indeed, a plain example of insanity was one of my purposes in writing this article. I'm surprised (and pleased) that you found it beautiful, for I found it rather hideous. Thank you for your words, my dear Stargirl.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Your words make it beautiful.

A_shy_dove said...
Oct. 19, 2010 at 8:22 am
Amazing! your article draws a very clear picture of your broad and awesome imagination in my mind. A good piece of work..!!

I'm very flattered, Shy Dove.

I love it when my imagination is described as such. Have a good day. :)

A_shy_dove replied...
Oct. 30, 2010 at 9:28 am
Thank you.

GuitarGirl92851 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 11:54 am
Your use of imagery is amazing. I feel like I've actually experienced this.

Thank you, but I'm sorry I made you experience this.

savetheplanet replied...
I actually loved this one.  Maybe you weren't planning for it to be sensical but I thought it made plenty of sense. :D

You did see sense in it? Wow, I didn't expect that at all. But I'm glad, if it was good sense. :)