Still Me | Teen Ink

Still Me

By jlw11 SILVER, Fayette, Alabama
jlw11 SILVER, Fayette, Alabama

"The only things in life you regret, are the risks that you never take."

We were best friends but...

You hurt me
broke me
knocked me down
and kicked me aside

You made me feel useless
betrayed
unworthy to be your friend

We were always together
When your saw me
they saw you

We were not very different from each other
We had the same interests
the same hobbies
the same view of the world

But that was then, this is now.
Now I am stronger
I am better
I have never felt so alive.

I don't need your friendship.
I definitely don't need your pity.

You're still you, and I'm still me.

This piece is the story about how someone took me and broke me down. One of my very best friends. We did everything together, she was like my other half. Then one day, she decided that she wasn't going to be my friend. Just like that, my life was turned upside down.

jlw11 SILVER said...
on Oct. 8 2010 at 9:22 am
jlw11 SILVER, Fayette, Alabama

Wow! That's pretty intense. Well, all I can say is, you tried. There's really nothing else you can do. I would keep trying to get ahold of her or something. Or at least try talking to her mother. But at least you apologized. This 'friend' of mine is just horrible. We are so alike though. We love the same things and we act the same. Except for she's a beeeee and I'm the nice one. (: But she just really hurt my feelings. We're okay now. We hang out and stuff, but I will never, ever trust her again.Ugh. Just thinking about how she made me feel makes me cringe..Lol. Anyway, sorry it made you sad. I wrote this like two days after everything had happened, and I had to let it out someway. So, sorry, lol. I've never really wrote anything about happiness. Hmm, maybe that's gonna be my next piece. Thanks! (:

paperflowers said...
paperflowers, Imaginary, Indiana
This makes me really sad... I had this friend, and we were best friends, and one time I got really mad at her for some stuff she was doing and I told her to quit being so immature, and I of course forgot all about that a few days later and I emailed and called her and invited her over, but she never spoke to me again. I even sent her an email later saying that I hadn't meant to be so mean and I was really sorry, but she never answered, and now I'm worried that she committed suicide or something and her mom didn't tell me. (we didn't go to the same school or anything)