Stand by me | Teen Ink

Stand by me

By comatose SILVER, Katy, Texas
comatose SILVER, Katy, Texas

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
— Marilyn Monroe

Bottled emotions,Thoughts that aren't clear, Not knowing whats wrong, Living in fear,if i knew i would tell you flat out,but i cant, because i dont even know what im upset about,I feel broken and all alone,I hate every where,especially home,Ive tried everything, i just want to numb the pain,im tired of being helpless and hopeless, im tired of feeling insane,im vulnerable, this i hate to say, maybe im upset because you didnt stay,im crazy,i wear my heart on my sleeve, everyone i have ever loved has left and given up on me,i wasn't good enough, and have yet to be, when will i find someone who will always stand by me?

on Oct. 7 2010 at 2:29 pm
comatose SILVER, Katy, Texas

— Marilyn Monroe

That is true and very well put. Thanks for the support!

on Sep. 30 2010 at 8:00 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

There are many that will stand by you, m' dear. Sadly, they are few and far between...

on Sep. 30 2010 at 7:59 pm

~Kahlil Gibran

I liked this poem. It was a well articulated display of desperate cries for stability and love. I am rather fond of the phrase 'I wear my heart on my sleeve,' for it's very poetic. Well done.