Who was She?? | Teen Ink

Who was She??

By Night_Walker GOLD, Salt Lake, Utah
Night_Walker GOLD, Salt Lake, Utah

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

This brings us to tonight... I smiled as she took my hand and led me down the street to a familiar house. I look up and can practically see my mom sitting on the porch swing, smiling as she read, and watched me play in the front yard.

She hears my intake of breath and squeezes my hand. I responded to it, feeling as though all would be alright. I slowly walked forward to the porch and she pulls me towards it. I try to hold back the tears, but some how they escape against my will. She looks at me and nods her head, as though she expected me to cry.

“It’s okay, you know? Everyone cries, even when they don’t want too. Just be happy that I won’t make fun of you, like the girl you were making out with at the party...” She says matter-of-factly in the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard.

“If you don’t mind my asking but who are you and how do you know me??” I ask after a few moments of thinking. A smile takes over her lips and she opens her mouth to answer…

I need feedback. Tell me if you like it. If I can keep going or just finish it quickly. Like ripping off a bandaid.