When there is a stormy day

Let the rain kiss your lips as you turn your face upward to the sky. Let the thunder soothe you to sleep. Let it sing you a lullabye. Relax. Read a book using only the lightning as your flashlight. Capture this moment. Keep it locked in your head forever.
When there is a stormy day, listen to the soft pitter-patter of the rain while you lay in bed with your pajamas on. Take a chance. Open your window and stick your head out. Let the rain softly pat your head.
When you let the thunder lull you to sleep, you are relaxed. You feel like you are in a dream. A wonderful dream. I love storms with a passion.
Thunderstorms, what a perfect way to end a perfect day.

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh I must agree with your friend--this is amazing! :D

Poetry4Ever replied...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 10:08 am :
Thanks, this was the first serious poem that I wrote that got me into writing.

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Still one of my favorites. :)

Poetry4Ever replied...
Sept. 25, 2010 at 1:20 pm :
That's why I put it on here :) I love you, Phantom!!

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 4, 2010 at 12:16 pm :
I love you too!! Keep reading in thunderstorms!

Poetry4Ever replied...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 5:54 am :
I miss you SOO much, Phantom. I wish I could give you a hug right now. Last night I thought about the day we said good-bye, and I bawled my eyes out. I love you <3