Lake of solitude

I lie
Or float
In the center
Of a divinely smooth
And spiritually
Satisfying
Lake
Bathing in the dusk

The water is as light as wind
As it caresses my
Bare skin
With a lover’s touch

While waves gently and rhythmically move me
I feel like I’m taking part in
The silent
And somber
Dance of remotest nature

Blind, the back of my body unknowingly
Faces a
Natural basin of
Ancient
Aquatic
And unspoken secrets

Like the melancholy fish that
Stroll through the dregs of the maritime
World

My face is gripped by the vastness of the sky
Those eyes of mine
Take a celestial journey through the
Colorful heavens
That hold no border

The sky above me is
A symphony
The sunset: that unnamed instrument of God
Warm and moving and majestic
The wind a delightful arrangement
Of sacred flutes
The stars the
Heartfelt harp playing of smiling angels

Wrapped in absolute
Calm
With peace on
My mind

Floating in that earthly yet otherworldly scene
I feel like Christ has confided
In me the secret
Of his divine act
As the soles of his feet
Padded across the water of our world

Rayne said...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 12:38 am
I love this one. Your poems are so cryptic. Dont stop!

Aderes18 said...

You know, I was wondering if you believed in God. And I am so glad that I do,(I find atheists extremely depressing)

I myself am Muslim and even though your poem is from the perspective of Christianity, I still really appreciate it. :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:11 am

Ah well, I know many atheists; not having any religion can be really depressing! But there are a few wonderful people who are still able to embrace life to the fullest, and don't regret their atheism. So I guess atheism is what you make of it.

And that's great! The 'Christian bit' was inspired while I heard little splashing noises while floating on a lake and imagine the story of Jesus walking on water.

Aderes18 replied...
 That's Cool. :)

Aderes18 said...

This poem is utter beauty. Love the picture with it too. :)

This is how I feel swimming.

You should go swim at Lake Tahoe. I was just there. Trust me, I've been around the world, and I've ever seen water as clear and beautiful as that. Though the water is extremely cold.

The only places I can compare it to  is the Atlantic coast of France.  

Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:08 am
Wow, you certainly seem to have traveled quite a bit! I hope to go to France one day; and if I'm there, I'll certainly take a stroll along the Atlantic coast. :)

Aderes18 replied...
Cool. France is very beautiful. :)

Destinee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it, and I know the feeling. Sometimes it feels, when I look at nature, that I'm looking at God's craftsmanship. Such perfection. :) 

And I like how you related it to Christ (though I'm not Christian). The last two lines are really powerful. 

Jul. 5, 2011 at 9:50 am

Thank you so very much, Destinee! I'm very glad that you see as much in nature as I do; it's severely underappreciated by humanity as a whole.

I felt like that was probably the only truly strong image in this poem, so I'm glad I incorporated it. Thanks for commenting!

readaholic said...
This poem is grea-it really flows and paints a picture-no, a masterpiece-in your mind!  Well done!

Oct. 8, 2010 at 5:48 am

I'm flattered by your specific compliment. I hope the picture was an enjoyable to look at.

Thanks and good night... or good morning.

readaholic replied...
Yeah the picture really suits the poem....I find it hard to find a picture that really matches what I'm writting but you seem to have found the perfect match!

A_shy_dove said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 9:59 am
Very nice poem! I'm becoming a fan of yours

Grazie!

And hooray! I've now started my own fan club with one person. I'm forever grateful for your compliments.

A shy dove J. replied...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 9:42 am
I'm glad that you are happy to start your fan club. I'll bet that you just wait for some time and there'll be many more. ha! Ha! HA!!!! 

(Sigh) I've waited quite a while.

I'd be happy to join your fan club.

IamtheStargirl replied...

I've been in your fanclub for quite awhile, ever since I read the first poem of yours.

Thanks for starting the fan club, dove :)

A_shy_dove replied...
Oct. 30, 2010 at 9:33 am
You're welcome stargirl. So you see Raven, one more person added in your fanclub. I suppose that she had become your fan even before me. So wait for some more time and you'll see many more people joining. Best of luck!!  

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Another person joins the fan club! :) Ever since I first saw you, even just how you speak, I new you would be an amazing author, I'm completely serious. (Hm I think initially saw you when I was critiquing some of stargirl's work, actually ;) )

IamtheStargirl said...

Beautiful :)

(I really hope you don't mind that I'm pretty much commenting on just about every one of your articles.) (There's just so much to say.)