I’m a writer; therefore, I lie.

Sitting all alone
I think to myself.
Wonder where you are,
where you’ll be,
how you are.
I ask myself all these questions
I should be asking you.
And now I’m writing a poem
on the back of a napkin
with a circular coffee stain.
And I’m making up answers
to my questions
because I’m far too afraid
to get them from you.

kelsey2097 said...
 i feel the same way!

-Jandee-Half-Psychotic- replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 5:05 am :
Thank you very much. :)

AlexandrathepoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I also adore this title!

-Jandee-Half-Psychotic- replied...
Nov. 23, 2010 at 4:37 pm :
Thank you so much. <333

A.Bekah.Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is quite wonderful. i simply adore the title.

-Jandee-SoundophobicPolite replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:42 pm :
Thank you very much. I've actually been tossing around the idea of my first "collection" being called 'I'm a writer; therefore, I lie.' after this or the original name, 'Me and Lies'.

A.Bekah.Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:45 pm :
i kinda like that. i think "I'm a writer; therefore, I lie" is better though...

-Jandee-SoundophobicPolite replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:47 pm :
Yeah. I came up with the title "Me and Lies" before I created this poem (the title did exist though). Normally, collections are named after one of the poems in the collection so it would make more sense. But I'd be the kind of person to avoid doing that kind of thing.

Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:49 pm :
oh i don't really mind if the title relates at all to the poems. i just think the one sounds better. to me anyways.

-Jandee-SoundophobicPolite replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:56 pm :
Oh, no no. I mean that when authors create a collection or book of poems the title of the book is often the name of one of the poems. I'm just the kind of person that would come up with something different that wasn't the name of one of the poems.

Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:59 pm :
yes? oh no that's completely fine. i just happened to like the one that happened to be the title of the poem a bit better than the one that wasn't. and now i'm confused.

-Jandee-SoundophobicPolite replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:34 pm :
Me too, lol. I think I get what you're saying though and I kind of agree with you.

_Snow_ said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 10:22 am:

*like*

did you actually write it on a napkin? just wondering. I totally get this :) and I love the title.

-Jandee-SoundophobicPolite replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:46 pm :

Nah. I didn't. One of the reasons the title is called, "I'm a writer; therefore, I lie." I am lying about the narrator/voice actually doing this and the narrator/voice is lying with the answers he/she is creating in his/her "poem". (I actually always imagined the narrator/voice being a man...)

If I ever do a visual poetry piece with this I will be taking a napkin, making a circular coffee stain (from the bottom of a mug) and write the poem on it then place it on some sort... (more »)

_Snow_ replied...
Dec. 3, 2010 at 8:40 am :
are you still around? (topic in the forums)

ThatClarinetPerson said...
i love your writing. it initially seems random but if you think about it, it's really not. more, please! :)

-Jandee-SoundophobicPolite replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:48 pm :
Thanks so much for your feedback! That's actually one of my goals, so I'm glad you see it that way. <3

.iloveyou. said...
i love the title. it awsome sauce just like your poem. very real.

-Jandee-SoundophobicPolite replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:48 pm :
Thanks a ton. ♥       

thewritician said...
I like this, mainly because this is real and I can tell this is how you feel. Secondly this is something relateable. And third...good job!!! 5/5