Ragdoll | Teen Ink

Ragdoll

July 16, 2010
By Meganchristine BRONZE, Millville, New Jersey
Meganchristine BRONZE, Millville, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can do no wrong in the eyes of a follower"

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”


Dear ragdoll, come here, do this, go there. HEY!
I said come here!
Dad, why are you getting mad at me, I don't understand.
You told me to go there.

Stop arguing with me! If you don't want to do it, don't! I'll do it myself.
But I... ugh. Finially I just sit down and start to cry.
He walks by, what's wrong with you ragdoll?
I look up, and think to myself, this isn't fair, I'm still getting blamed.

I'm sitting in my room crying, thinking: Why wont he listen to me?
Then he comes in. Here's your money, it's my way of saying sorry.
This isn't fair, I'm not a ragdollm you can't do this to me!
You're frusterated, fine, but don't take it out on me, then say sorry everytime!

I'm not a ragdoll, you can't expect to say sorry, and me to just be fine.
I have feelings. Ones that you play with, until you're satisfied
Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
You want me to think you care, but how can I when you're holding me in the air.

A friend tells me to ignore you, but that's hard to do with you know right where to go.
I don't give you power when I'm around you, but in my room I break down.
There's no much I can do besides ignore you, and I know you see you hurt me.

Dear Dad, I'm done beeing your ragdoll. I have to do what you say,
but yell at me, and I'll just walk away.
I'm stronger then you, and it'll stay that way.
Find a new ragdoll.

The author's comments:
More recently I've noticed that my dad will act in an uncivalized way. He'll yell at me just because I'm the one that's there to take it. Then when he sees that I'm upset and he's the cause he'll realize he was wrong. My mom is usually the one to make him apoligize in someway. So I'll just be in my room or somewhere thinking about things, or writting a poem and he'll come up and try to make things better. which in the end frusterates me more. when this happens the word that comes to my mind everytime is Ragdoll. Which is how this came to be.