War Room This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

There is a secret war room
That nobody can see
It lies beneath the glitz and glam
Of today’s rough industry

Mannequins and models
Unnaturally complete
Group to form a silent army
They will not see defeat

Their target is the insecure
Their causalities will mount
They plot to conquer from within
Kill from the inside out

Today I looked into the mirror
My breath refused to come
I saw something from Halloween
And I knew the war was won

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Wow I really know what you mean.  I can see myself more accurately now, and know that I am not ugly and actually above average pretty, but magazine picutres, celeberties, models, and society's expectations caused me to feel very badly about myself for quite a while.  This is very meaningful.  you addressed the issure beautifully!

sky_is_womb replied...
Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:35 am

Thank you so much, I am so happy that I was able to affect you so profoundly.

By the way your drawing Heartbeats may be the best piece of modern art I have ever seen. I think I've commented on it before, but again it truly exquisite, it belongs in a museum.

bdizzle1224 said...

This was actually very nice. I enjoyed reading this. This is one of the few poems on this site that i have read that talk about life in a meaningful way, not about love and all that. If my interpretation is correct, then this poem has figurative and profound significance to life, which is what i try for in my poems. 

Check out my poems when they get posted... They relate to life like none other

Damara...C replied...
i really enjoyed this nice job. Excellent words and description..... is this actually how u feel????? =)

KatLB said...

I really like how imaginative you got with it, describing it as a war and such. that was so interesting :)

Could you look at my "The Not-Quite a Love Poem" in the forums please?

avantgarde said...
Aug. 18, 2010 at 11:02 am
Wow, I love how it relates to todays society! It flows wonderfully and the rhyming is not cliche or lame, this is a truly unique piece! Well done!

mandapanda9736 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 18, 2010 at 8:17 am
wow!  I really really love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it flows so easily! I'm totally gonna mark it as a favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the meaning and depth!

sky_is_womb replied...
Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:01 am
thank you so much!