Young Tattered Girl | Teen Ink

Young Tattered Girl

June 26, 2010
By Nisha BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Nisha BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you. You've just got to find the one worth hurting for."- Bob Marley.

"Go hard or go home."

"You are stronger than you know. More blessed than you can imagine."


Young tattered girl... look at you.
Your looks have changed can't even recognize the woman standing before you. Bitterness spread all across your face. Are you too weak to continue to live? Giving up on love though you're only 19 but still this first love you've allowed your spirit to crush. Whatever happened to that beautiful girl once filled with love? Round almond eyes filled with passion. Each stride filled with grace. Each smile held happiness that could take away anybody's pain. Your face glowed. Your words were kind. Your faith in love was immeasurable and through everything never declined. But then he walked into your life and everything changed. You allowed him to alter that beautiful girl- how come you didn't maintain? He was indeed the sweetest sin-mind, body and soul. "He'll use and abuse you" you were once told. This love was like Eden- a perfect paradise. With the Devil himself the tree and you taking his advice. You bit down into this love and your eyes were opened. You traded your everything for his love potion. Everything was perfect in the beginning but then you had seen that this man wasn't all he was cracked up to be. Lies and betrayal, dishonesty -games he played. But you...you just kept going back playing his game. He drained you of your dignity and pride. Sucked the life out of you and left you to die. But yet you still tried. Attempted to keep the relationship burning inside. You exhausted your last breath no longer able to scream. On the floor crying ' how can this be?'
But don't you worry. No you just dust yourself off. One day he'll realize the beautiful woman he lost. And when he does you'll be able to say 'I don't want to be with you' without letting the thought in your mind play. But until that day it will be hard. Most days you won't see the point in living on. But you're stronger than you know more blessed than you can ever imagine. Just take this experience title it 'Life Lesson'.
Young tattered girl. I stare at my reflection. And I know I'll be fine. Don't worry for me for a second.

The author's comments:
First love is always the hardest. It's funny how we give people the ability to alter who we are and lose the blue prints of how we initially were.