Life Has Many Colors (Lit.)

Life. It's colorful. Sometimes, even though life has it's problems, you just need to take the time to see it for yourself. Whether you're feeling optimistic or pessimistic; the colors are there.

Purple.

You're madly in love; reaching for that next kiss.

Red.

You're furious after their harsh betrayal. Didn't you know them at all after years and years of friendship?

Yellow.

You're loving life, and enjoying everything you've been blessed with.

Green.

You're jealous after that so called "best friend" of your's wont stop bragging about the dream car you always wanted, yet they got.

Blue.

You're down and out for the count. Emotionally and physically worn.

Orange.

You're full of spirit and energy. Ready to get you're game face on! Taking on anything and everything!

Pink.

Giddy and shy after finding out that they like you too!

White.

Like on your wedding day. Your proud and full of bubbles and butterflies. Totally on cloud nine.

. . . . . .

And then there was one…

Black.

When you look at black, you think, "That's the darkest color."

But if you see not with your eyes, but with your heart, you'll see that black is just as bright as every other color.

Black.

The coolness of the summer-night breeze as you snuggle in your lover's arms.

Black.

The birth of the twins you had wished for.

. . . .

Though, I never said black wasn't a dark color.

Black.

The thunder of your life's storm as it thrashes and booms around you while you cower in the corner…alone…

Black.

The death of that loved one. You knew it would happen. It just didn't seem possible…

Colors are the beginning…

Colors will be the end…

It's a never-ending cycle.

Just like life…

IamtheshyStargirl said...
I rather liked it, it's so very sweet, I don't know why, but it just is. 

xSilent-Heartx replied...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:11 am
Thanks :) You're the most frequent supporter I have had since I started here. Thank you for taking the time <3

xXAngelicXxXLightXx said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 12:53 am
This isn't exactly my favorite of my pieces. Its lengthy and doesn't rhyme or seem attractive (i think). But I hope you guys don't feel like it was a waist of time.

Raven-Mcdonald replied...
definately not, I love this and can honestly relate to almost all of them. I have never thought of life this way before and it honestly is a refreshing point of veiw, esspecially for me as an artist. !!! thank u so much for writing this i honestly dont know of a better way to to pass time.

xSilent-Heartx replied...
Sept. 24, 2012 at 3:18 am
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it really means a lot to me! :)