Breakfast, Running, Trombone

When it comes down to it, I really just want to go somewhere else, doesn’t matter whether if it’s for a day, or a year, I just don’t want to spend so much time in and around Oak Park and River Forest. I feel like life has almost become a little monotonous and boring, same routine every day and every year. At the same time, I like having a routine. I’ve eaten the same thing for breakfast for almost an entire year, and every day I run a precisely calculated distance with the same songs playing on my iPod. I can figure out how far I have gone by what song I am on. I guess I create the continuity that I can’t stand.

With junior year coming up, I also feel a lot of pressure from my parents to do the best I can in school and anything else I do, like music. Between music and school, I often find myself with little time for just, well, doing nothing. I want a little time to really do absolutely nothing, just hang around, realize how boring that really is, and then come back to school and music and the whole deal realize how great it is to be endlessly busy.

So in a way, I don’t know what I really want, an easy, boring junior year, or a really tough, complicated, and interesting one. Either way, I’ll find something wrong with it in the end. Dissatisfaction is, after all, the key to finding the change you want to make.