Dying Romeo

Death likened to a sweetest escape Encompasses me about. The suffering Of the weary and weak at heart is Finally to be rectified. To know no More another daybreak, and to die As death passes slowly over me, Sufficient enough is life's debt Repaid.

A blackened tomb ere my lady waits, Never to feel lights warmth again. She calls ever silent and in love Do i go, to face cold death for in Death lies my love.

mudpuppy said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 6:56 pm:
This piece was both romantic and bone-chilly creep at the same time, two of my favorite things in literature I might add.

SlamminMan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:35 am:

this piece is very strong and riley is right in his comparison to shak. and ed. this is deep and very easy to relate to which makes it fun to read. one thing you could improve on is making the lines in stanza form.

beautiful writing

i read a few of yours and feel as though you have great potential to be a spectacular adult writer

riley... said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 2:12 pm:
sounds like shakespeare meets edgar poe. really deep and inspired.

Pitiful_Anonymous said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 1:42 am:

As Baby V said, this makes me very reminiscent of Shakespear, which i love.

You really showed your message greatly, andi was able to understand it in one slick, meaningful read, a feat Mr Shakespear never accomplished with me, well done!

XCLover said...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 12:41 pm:
Beautiful! Keep writing!

BabyV replied...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:31 pm :
Really good, sure makes shakespere alot more intresting. You have to read it twice to get the message, its really deep.

respecturself7 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 5:21 pm:
Please ignore the random capitalization. It happens everytime I submit a poem.:(